Dolce me

13:22

Yep, I know, saying this about myself is not nice. But I can't help it. This project makes me proud of myself, because it was complicated and I have tried some new techniques making it.

Actually it was meant to be a bright colored summer skirt. But in the store they had 130 cm (1.4 yards) fabric left that they would't cut for me. So I decided to add a corsage. With this amount of fabric this is barely possible, but was this  gonna stop  me? Never!  


This is not a mugshot))) 
I don't know what took longer: The pattern making or laying it on fabric so all pieces fit.

This is all fabric I had left



Inside of the skirt

The skirt was made for our extremely hot summer, so it has no lining. Corsage has cotton lining, built in bra cups, boning and wide elastic on top for more security
.
Corsage inside

This may not be correct of, but least I know it does not come undone by itself.
More of the inside
 Even though this is not exactly fifties style, the pattern was made based on vintage basic skirt and top pattern.








And this is what the suit has reminded me of...


А що ще цікавенького?

0 comments

Шановні читачі