Simple, not plain

16:50


About three years ago I have bought a little less than a yard of very lightweight silk fabric in ivory. I had wanted to make a top, but never made up my mind about the style and cut. Now when I don't have much time for fabric shopping i have started getting out all the fabrics I got. The top is very simple. But this makes it a pretty versatile wardrobe item. So...


5 ways to wear a silk top.


Relaxed


It is always hard for me to dress for rest))). First, because my job used to eat up too much of my life and I simply had no time to relax. Second, because I don't like myself in casual and/or sloppy outfits. I have combined silk top with cozy knitted cardigan, skinny jeans, and tall boots. Rough cardigan texture does not look good on me normally, but smooth "dressy" fabric balances it for me. A bright scarf adds some color, so the outfit is not too plain or boring.


Smart casual


This option is not for office if dress code is a big thing. But it still works for brunch with friends, midweek shopping, etc.The top because of the fabric looks dressy for daily wear. But if you wear it with printed skirt and khaki military style jacket, the blouse still looks nice, but you are not overdressed. The jacket keeps the look relaxed and practical. The light color of the blouse work well with printed bottom - whether this is a skirt or pants.


With denim


I like mixing and matching stuff. Including styles, fabrics, and textures. But that can be tricky and edgy. You always have to be careful to keep your look balanced. And you don't want to look funny unless you are entertaining kids at someone's BDay party. Silk and denim can work well together emphasizing each other's texture. Easy way to balance is to use a simple formula: 1 denim piece+1 smart/dressy item+shoes playing on the silk side. And your denim item has to be structured enough to support "dressyness" of your silk top. I mixed my silk blouse with fitted pencil skirt (from here - http://ideatorium.blogspot.com/2015/01/dolce-me.html), denim jacket, and my favorite pumps. Another example: boyfriend jeans, silk top, fitted jacket, and oxfords. General rule is to support silk with shoes and accessories.


Pretty and obvious


What can I say? Dressy top with dressy bottom. Since my top is simple in terms of cut and color, possibilities are endless. And yes, pearls will look nice.


Short


One more option for running errands, shopping, taking kids to school if you are sick and tired of T-shirts. Printed shorts will work best. Not cargo shorts. These have to be absolutely girly shorts paired with fancy flats. You cannot wear heels with shorts without getting offers on the street)). But you cannot wear your favorite pool flip flops as well. So ballet flats, beaded or glittery sandals, or kitten heels will work.

А що ще цікавенького?

0 comments

Шановні читачі