Keep calm and be gorgeous

12:25

Have you ever had a dress that would be comfier than your favorite jeans, but still look great? I got one! Actually this was my first experience with vintage pattern making and sewing.


In the beginning I wanted to make a dress for bad days: You know, when you don't feel like dressing you and getting yourself to look petty. I have bought some grey jersey fabric to make something really basic, easy to make, and easy to wear. But then I decided life is too short for boring dresses so I have made myself my first magic dress. So, what's so magic about it?
  1. It is made by old sewing book from Soviet era,published back in 1961.
  2. This is my first self drafted dress pattern.
  3. It made me love posing in front of the camera. Normally I hate picture taking
  4. This dress makes me feel fabulous. Not just good or pretty. Fabulous.


This is an original picture of the dress from the book.























Here are some tips if you are only beginning to sew or make patterns:

  1. Choose stretchy fabric for your first dress or pencil skirt. When your pattern drafting skills are not  mature enough the fabric can fix some minor flaws.
  2. For a wiggle dress don't choose thin fabric, because it will uncover the imperfections of your body and create illusion of flaws you do not have.
  3. Buy a little bit more than you need in case something goes wrong.
  4. Have lots of fun even if the first attempt will not be lucky.

А що ще цікавенького?

0 comments

Шановні читачі