Sentimental value

12:08


This jacket has a very long story behind it. I bought it ten years ago when we married at the local registry office. That same day. We have signed the papers and moved on to our regular errands (we did have a big wedding afterwards)))). So this wardrobe piece has literally been with me for better and for worse, like my man did. I am endlessly happy this jacket cannot talk as it would share all my nasty secrets J.



It is a very basic classic cut which made it one of the most versatile items I have ever ever owned. But in this post I noticed I don't really like the length of it. I decided to make it shorter and update it's looks a bit. So here's a simple jean jacket upcycling idea.


What you will need: scissors, pen, pins, lace, and thread of two colors (white for right side with lace and blue for denim wrong side if you are using a sewing machine).



Measure, mark, try on, and cut the jacket at desired length.



Get rid of the pockets. Cut out the pocket back and close pocket entrance with a few stitches.



Sew the lace on. Secure it with pins to make the process easier. I decided to put it under the collar, in a little pocket, and at the bottom edge. Use thread of two colors to make both inside and outside look nice. I have used white as top thread and blue as bottom thread.




I'm loving my new cropped jacket. And it has already made it to the blog here. Wonder how many more years it will last?



Hugs and kisses!

А що ще цікавенького?

0 comments

Шановні читачі