My FF-dress

20:34

Do you know what a "FF-dress"? It stands for "Feel-Fabulous-dress". You know there are dresses that make you feel simply gorgeous no matter how tired you are, how bad your day was, etc. This is a dress that makes me feel like beauty queen. And it also helps me on days I feel like a real looser: I put it on, look at myself in the mirror and think that at least i am a pretty good amateur seamstress.


I do feel beautiful when I wear it. But at the same time I don't feel the dress is too pretty (if you know what I mean). I had always wanted a dress that will make me stand out instead of standing out by itself.

It took me about 2 months to complete this project. First, i had really wanted a dress in camel color. But this raised a question regarding the style. It had to be simple, but not too basic. The color is light so I could create pleats. Finally, the dress had to be classy and wearable during the day at the office and then in the evening if I wanted to go out. But at the same time I didn't want to look like this is my best (and only) dress. It had to be a dress that doesn't shout out loud, but still gets attention to it's owner.

I have found a wonderful vintage dress style from one of those old Soviet sewing books. Unfortunately there was not much info on pattern drafting or making this dress, so I felt very proud of myself when I finished it.

I have used a fabric belt from an old dress to make a belt for this dress. Yep, I like pulling things apart to see how they were made.


So here here goes the dress.


i have bought a couple of brooches for this dress. One of them was made in the same era dress style belongs to.


And some more pics.



By the time the dress was finished i couldn't tell what I enjoyed more - the process of making of the result. I guess both))).

А що ще цікавенького?

0 comments

Шановні читачі